Established: April 1, 2001
Revised: April 1, 2005
1. Basic Policy
- 1.TSIJ strictly observes the Personal Data Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations. TSIJ has established the TSIJ Personal Data Protection Program (the "Program"), which we carefully implement, maintain, and strive to continuously improve.
- 2.TSIJ has established management systems relating to personal data protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program.
- 3.TSIJ utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use clearly informed to customers. TSIJ does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer or when there is a legitimate reason.
- 4.TSIJ maintains personal data accurate and updated and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the loss, destruction, alternation, or unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
- 5.TSIJ responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
2. Intended Use of Personal Data
When TSIJ obtains personal data from customers, TSIJ clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data are intended to be used and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, TSIJ notifies the customer to that effect and obtain the consent before using the information for such purpose.
(1) Personal Data of Customers
- 1.Shipment of products
- 2.Sending information about products, services or events
- 3.Provision of product support or maintenance
- 4.Responses to inquiries
- 5.Issuance of warranty cards and provision of after-sales service under warranty
- 6. Provision of membership services
- 7. Product development, conduct of questionnaire surveys, implementation of product and service monitoring programs
- 8. Execution of contracts
- 9. Business negotiations or meetings with customers
(2) Personal Data of Government Office Workers and Civil Servants
Communication with, reporting to, inquiries into or other contact with competent governmental authorities required for the execution of business
(3) Personal Data of Employees of Business Partners and Other Companies
- 1. Communication, discussion, and other contact required for the execution of business
- 2. Business partners' data management, processing of payments and receipts at Toshiba
(4) Personal Data of Applicants for Employment at TSIJ
- 1.Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment (including internships)
- 2.Management of employment-related data at TSIJ
The principal business areas in which TSIJ uses personal data are as follows:
- Digital equipment (personal computers, televisions, digital cameras, mobile telephones, DVD recorders and players, etc.)
- Social infrastructure systems (systems for industrial use, systems for electric power companies, buildingsystems, etc.)
- Electronic devices (semiconductors, etc.)
Because TSIJ is engaged in wide-ranging business activities, intended use of personal data is informed individually for each product and service.
3. Provision of Personal Data
TSIJ does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- 1.When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
- 2.When complying with laws and regulations
- 3.When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- 4.When TSIJ consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- 5.When another entity succeeds to the business of TSIJ due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
Not withstanding 1 above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded by a TSIJ affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such case, the customer may request TSIJ to stop disclosing such information to such affiliate or distributor.
4. Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
TSIJ complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by TSIJ :
- 1.Request for disclosure;
- 2.Request for notification of the intended purpose ;
- 3.Request for correction;
- 4.Request for addition;
- 5.Request for deletion;
- 6.Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosing to third parties.
Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure for request forms (in writing) and other details.
Please note that there is a fee charged for requests for disclosure and requests for notification of the intended use.
5. Other Matters
- 1.Please note that some services provided by TSIJ (including services offered on websites operated by TSIJ ) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- 2.Children under 16 years should provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- 4.TSIJ disclaim any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked to TSIJ websites.
- 5.Individual information on the inquired customer is encrypted by SSL and protected. A page concerned might be inaccessible from the network in the enterprise according to the settings such as the use of a browser that doesn't correspond to SSL, and FireWall. Please acknowledge it.
Toshiba Schneider Inverter Corporation